College Park Dream Team
The Office of Community Engagement along with the University of Maryland Police Department partnered with the Prince George’s County Police Department, the Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Park Police and Department of Parks & Recreation to foster stronger relationships with local youth, Embry AME Church, and residents of the Lakeland community, the oldest African American community in the City of College Park. This partnership sponsors a series of friendly quarterly basketball games between law enforcement officers and local youth from the Lakeland community.
Since 2012, the CP Dream Team has attracted numerous sponsors and partners such as the Lakeland Community Heritage Project (LCHP), the Embry Center for Family Life, the Prince George’s County Police Athletic League (PAL), the Big Ten Network (BTN), and many others. This initiative is designed to bring the community together through the shared love of the game, ongoing mentorship, and support.
CP Dream team Game co-sponsors
- The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
- The M-NCPPC College Park Community Center
- University of Maryland Police Department
- Prince George’s County Police Department
- The Maryland-National Capital Park Police
- Lakeland Community Heritage Project
- Embry Center for Family Life
- Prince George's County Police Athletic League
- City of College Park
- University of Maryland
Friday, May 11, 2018, 7:00 P.M.
College Park Community Center